14 Jul 2014

• Out Of Trouble? •


I've talked about a couple of spot treatments here before, but I wanted to invest in a good face mask to get rid of all the nasties. While browsing through the duty free at the airport, a long with buying MAC's Omega, I spotted the Origins masks, all at a considerably lower price. I decided to go for it and pick up the Origins Out Of Trouble Mask, a 10 minute mask that claims to rescue problem skin.


It is aimed at oily skin, and while my skin does lean towards the dry, I do have a fair few hormonal spots. OOT contains Zinc Oxide and Sulfur, all acting in a three step cure - get rid of oily shine, get rid of dead cells and get rid of left over debris. By doing this, the skin (or more specifically blemishes) is able to breathe and spots eventually disappear.

I would be lying if I didn't say I had high hopes, as I truly believed it would get rid of spots, but although it did make my skin feel cleaner and more refreshed, they just didn't really go away. I think this is probably because I don't have oily skin, and so there wasn't really any oil to absorb or get rid of. I know this might sound like I don't like this, but I actually do like using it, as it is a great refreshing, cleaning mask that would most probably work for you if you're an oily skinned gal. I think OOT is more of a slightly disappointing product than a bad one, as I do think I would purchase this again, although rather at duty free.

Zazie x