© A Little Treat. Powered by Blogger.

5 Years of Blogging


5 Things I've Learned in the 5 Years I've Been Blogging

So back in 2013, a 13 year old Zazie sat down and created a blog called A Little Treat. Five years later, and here we are. Its been quite the journey, and I thought I'd share with you a little bit of blog wisdom I've gathered over the years.

It's Not All About The Pretty Pictures
When you go through the archive of my blog you're bound to find a wonderful little flat lay accompanied by the blandest, most boring piece of writing. I used to get so caught up in the photography that I'd scrap post ideas and beat myself up over not taking good pictures. Sure, they're important, but not something to stress too much about. Photography should compliment the writing, for my kind of blog anyway.

Motivation Will Come and Go
Judging on my year long blogging breaks alone I can attest to this statement. There are days when my mind is overflowing with ideas and inspiration and I'm like a giddy child. But I also have days and months of silence. Life gets in the way, and especially as a teenager there can be a billion and two things that are prioritized. I definitely think the persistence I've maintained with this blog outweighs the lack of motivation which has crept up throughout my blogging journey.

Your Content Will Change
Am I honestly expected to be writing in the same style about the same content I did when I was 13? Of course not. And that's okay. As I've grown as a person my interests have changed, and so has my blog. I'm lucky enough to not have a huge following that expects certain things of my posts, and so I have a little more wiggle room to evolve as a blogger.

Always Do It For YOU
No matter how big your audience becomes, I firmly believe that you're most important reader is yourself. You're the one person guaranteed to read your posts, and a vital critic in terms of reflecting on your journey. Write what you would read, not what you think people will want to read. I've often started to write a post and thought hang on, no one wants to read this. But future me would disagree. To me a blog is like a journal; something I will look back on in 10, 15 years, and I look forward to reading my genuine thoughts.

Absolutely Anybody Can Start A Blog
Seriously. Regardless of how old you are, where you live (preferably somewhere with some wifi access ofc), where you're from, what language you speak, etc. etc. And I love that! Being a part of such an inclusive community is amazing. Having a blog also allows you to control the amount of anonymity and privacy you want to have, which obviously is super important. If you've ever wanted to start a blog, do it! It's completely free and I can promise you, you can make it your own.

No comments