End of Summer
- Sunflower - Rex Orange County
- February 3rd - Jorja Smith
- Buttercup - Hippo Campus
- Man Down - Shakka ft. Aluna George
- Higher - Lily Allen
- Jamz - SALES
- Sober - Mahalia
- These Girls - Sticky Fingers
- Wife Me - RAYE
- ocean eyes - Billie Eilish
- Broken Clocks - SZA
I haven't posted one of these in a looong time but I thought I'd share my current fave songs, much of which I have had on repeat this summer. I tend to make playlists on Spotify all the time but always end up deleting them after a while and so this is a good place to keep track of the songs I've been loving.
It's hard to listen to any of Rex Orange County's music without feeling all. the. summer. vibes. I love the old school sound that is used throughout and yet feels surprisingly fresh on the radio. Self described as a blend of jazz, hip-hop, soul and bedroom electronica, it's the perfect soundtrack to a road trip.
Billie Eilish's music has been floating around for a while now, and although her arty farty aesthetic didn't quite appeal to me (yes, I'm talking about THAT spider video), I gave her songs a listen and can't deny that they're good. Her voice is very unique and I feel like she's an artist that isn't afraid to take risks, which I really admire in today's music industry. And she is only 16. SIXTEEN. Born after me. Wow. Go girl.
And finally, SZA. Not gonna lie it took me a while to figure out how to pronounce her name but hey ho I relate. Again, she's an artist with a really unique voice and has some amazing collabs under her belt. I'm so pleased she's getting more recognition this past year, as she really is such a good song writer.


No comments