© A Little Treat. Powered by Blogger.

The Origins Duo


Over the years my skincare routine has become very repetitive and mundane, nonetheless in a good way. I've pretty much streamlined my products down to three simple ones that I know work for me (more on that beautiful trio in another post), however when I receive some products for special occasions such as a birthday or Christmas, there's obviously no doubt that I'll give them a whirl. I've had these two moisturizers in my collection for a while, but due to my aforementioned routine, I never got round to trying them out until recently.

My skin type is generally combination, with dry patches scattered on random parts of my skin, and other areas leaning more towards an oily complexion. This means finding a moisturizer can be quite difficult, as I want something that will boost some hydration in the dry patches whilst keeping the oil at bay in others. First and foremost, these two moisturizers both cater towards the dryer of skin, so if your skin is a desert, you will love these.

The Origins GinZing Moisturizer is marketed as an energy boosting one, claiming to help radiate your skin, notably containing coffee as an active ingredient to achieve this. It smells amazing - I believe the scent is grapefruit, and the consistency is really light too. This makes it a great one for the day time, and definitely one my combination skin gets along well with.

The Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins is a lot different compared to GinZing. As a night cream, the consistency is a lot thicker, and you definitely notice the heavy feeling on the skin. If my skin is feeling really tight and dry, this works amazingly as an overnight treatment, as I wake up to super luscious feeling skin. However, I do feel it is a little heavy on the oily areas, and so I don't think this is too suitable for someone with pure oily skin.