© A Little Treat. Powered by Blogger.

• Brightening Concealers and Why They Rock •


Personally, I'm not the highlighter sort of girl. Although I love an inner corner highlight, I find all my highlighters are just too shimmery for my brow bone or cheek bones, especially for everyday. And so I like turning towards brightening concealers. These are great for making you look more awake, as well as help give you a subtle contour. And if you have a foundation that's too dark? Just use some brightening concealer!

I've never been too much into the whole touche-clat type gimmick, but I absolutely love the Garnier Light BB Eyeroll. It's by far my absolute favourite because it's super light but gives really good coverage. It's really creamy, radiant and the metal tip applicator is really cooling and refreshing. Because it is so light, it works amazingly on top of foundation, and doesn't remove anything previously applied as it just sits nicely on top.

If my under eyes are looking particularly dark then my go-to is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. It has a thicker consistency to the Garnier one, but the coverage is very similar. I would say the Garnier counterpart is slightly more radiant, as I can use the Rimmel one for other areas of my face.

To set everything in place I use the powder that comes in the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer compact. It's the perfect white shade that brightens the under eye even more and doesn't go cakey at all. I haven't tried many under eye setting powders, but this definitely has a holy grail status!

And if I haven't convinced you as to why you should pop out and get yourself a brightening concealer, here's a little something extra. If you are an acne gal like me, you'll know that powders just don't work very well. Highlighters just bring forward my spots more and makes my skin all uneven. Whereas a brightening concealer does exactly the same as a highlighter without actually highlighting my spots or making me look cakey.

Are you a fan of brightening concealers?

Zazie x