© A Little Treat. Powered by Blogger.

• The Drugstore Red Lip •


I'm a big fan of a bold matte lip, but finding a good one from the drugstore is harder than you think. Today i will be talking about two different options; one that made the cut, and one that didn't.

I'm not going to go on too much about the Sleek Matte Lip Cream, as I talked about it quite a bit in my We Don't Get On post, but just a quick reminder - I found it awfully drying on the lips, hard to get off and left my lips feeling quite sore. It just didn't work for me, and I don't think it ever will.

Now for the goodie. When the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets came out, I wasn't too fussed over them, despite several raves from fellow bloggers. But, i decided to give one a go just to see what it's like - and it's great. The formula is very creamy and because of the small applicator it's very east to apply. You only need one layer before it goes completely opaque, and the shade Hot Pepper is an absolutely gorgeous red. The finish is quite odd, i could only use to word velvet to describe it, as it isn't quiet fully matte. It doesn't dry out my lips and lasts a pretty long time, so i would 100% choose this over the sleek one.

Zazie x