© A Little Treat. Powered by Blogger.

• A Few New Rules •


Changing my nails isn't the only thing i do for Spring. Changing up both my makeup and skincare routine is also something i absolutely love doing during this time. Today i'm going to share with you the Spring rules of my makeup routine.

Try a lighter foundation
By this i don't mean a lighter shade, but maybe a foundation with slightly less coverage, and preferably dewy and not matte for the Spring season. To achieve this, I would use a Stippling Brush, as this tends to give a lighter coverage. The look of naturally radiant, glowing skin is really lovely for spring, and the Rimmel Wake Me Up is a perfect example for this. Above is the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, which is actually my sisters, but i can imagine it being great for spring. And it's on my wishlist so, hey! The sun also starts to peek his head out in these months, so a foundation with SPF is a great option.

Choose a different lip colour
I've talked quite a bit about spring lip colours, specifically orange, and the change from darks to lights are so lovely. You could go for a bold orange lip or a subtle coral or peach, which is definitely my favourite. I feel like spring is quite a versatile season for lips, as both matte and glossy are 'in'.

Change up your scent
What other time to change your scent than with the changing of the season? I like to have a different scent for every season, as i can always remember it being my 'spring scent'. The Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Mist from The Body Shop was my favourite last spring, and i've brought it out again recently. Although the formula of these aren't the longest-lasting, they smell ever so gorgeous. I'm also a big fan of the Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume, a cult favourite.

Pick a new eyeshadow shade
Because i don't often wear eyeshadows, i like to stick with the same ones when i do. It's always nice to pick up a new palette, or a single shade. I'm starting to get into my Catrice Eyeshadow in Fancy a Coppa Tea?, which is a perfect rose gold shade.

Also, happy 100 posts to me!

Zazie x