14 Jan 2015

• Best of the Blonde Brows •


Last year was definitely the brow year for me. Back in 2013, I didn't even know blonde eyebrow products existed and I wouldn't go near anything brow related. 2014 came and so did the many attempts at making my eyebrows look less non-existent, yet still natural, and nicely shaped. I must admit, I've gone through some not so good brow moments, from looking ginger, way too thick or simply unnatural *cough cough* here *cough cough*. Moving on! Let's just say it took me a while to find the right products but I finally think I've found some that I am satisfied with...

The first was a purchase back in summer in the form of MAC's Eyeshadow in Omega. I was so excited to get my hands on it and it was definitely my go-to brow shade the entire summer. It was the ashiest brow shade they sold, it wasn't too pigmented and seemed to fit my hair shade perfectly. But things change, and with the attempted bleach on my hair I was looking for something a little more ashy.

That's where Maybelline's Fashion Brow came into the picture. I believe this is in the brown shade, so I was a little hesitant to give it a go but I knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't like it. I really like the concept of this actually; on one end is a pencil for filling in, the other end is a little smudger dipped in eyeshadow that blends the look and makes it look less like you've drawn lines into your brows. You have quite a lot of control with this, and can decide how bold you want to go, and I really do like to have that choice with my brows. But, this does take some time to get used to and if I'm in a hurry, I prefer to opt for something a little quicker...

So that leaves us with this! The Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Slate was a christmas gift from my dearest chum Aerin, who knew about my little brow struggle and wanted to help. Slate is a lot more darker and ashier shade than Omega, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit scared of putting this anywhere near my eyebrows. However, after giving it a go I was in love. It's definitely a lot more pigmented than the MAC shadow, so I do like tapping a bit off my brush but it just gives the perfect bold ashy brows I was looking for.

I definitely don't like sticking to one product, and do chop and choose between these three depending on if I want bold brows, natural brows - you get where I'm going. But these three are ones I've loved and will continue to use in the future.

Zazie x