23 Dec 2014

• A Different Take On A Festive Nail •

The one colour that I just don't like wearing is red. Whether it's on my lips or my tips I just don't feel comfortable as I think the colour doesn't suit me and seems to wash me out a bit. (And I look a little bit like Taylor Swift...) So when it comes to the festive season I do find it hard to add a festive touch to a look, as most humans would lean towards a red shade. However, a colour that I've found to suit me a lot is a dark plum shade. I've been looking for a dark nail polish after my Jack Wills Limited Edition one from a few years ago ran out - and I think I've found the one.



Nails Inc's Sloane Mews (£15) is described as a super glossy rich plum shade, that has a newly designed brush to make application as easy as it can be. It has quite a wide brush but perfectly creates an opaque colour in one swipe and really is so easy to apply. The shade is that perfect dark berry/plum that is perfect for this time of year and can look more black or more purple in different lightings. It also looks lovely on the toes and is in general a favourite of mine!

I will be sporting this with polish with a slick of berry lipstick for christmas day and I cannot wait. Let me know what's on your nails and if I don't post before the day, I wish you all a very merry christmas filled with family, friends and lots of food!

Zazie x