20 Oct 2014

• Rimmel Do Bases •


Only recently I've discovered how much I really appreciate a good base. Whether it's natural and sheer or full and flawless, I like to use a couple of products to achieve either look. And my favourites, annoyingly, are all from Rimmel, a brand we can't actually get here in Singapore, but here they are!


A foundation I've talked about way too many times a normal person should, the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation has been a firm favourite for over a year now. It's glowy, sheer but buildable and has SPF - so it's definitely a summer staple. It has the perfect formula thats not too runny and doesn't oxidise making you look oompa loompa like. I'm in the shade True Ivory which is quite a good match for me, especially when I've got a little bit tanned (more like a very very little bit - I just don't tan!).

Another Wake Me Up member that I ran out of and frantically ran to my nearest drugstore whilst on holiday in Sydney, is the Wake Me Up Concealer. Similar to the foundation it is quite glowy but can still be used on pesky little friends (blemishes), as well as under the eyes for the brightening effect. I have the lightest shade, which is Ivory 10. I wish the shade range was a bit bigger, as I'd love an even lighter to shade to highlight even further.

The final step in my base routine is powder. Because I have quite combination-dry skin, I liked to think I don't really need powder but I do see a difference in the longevity of my makeup when I wear this. You can count on the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to get rid of all shine on your face as well as keep your makeup looking the same all day. I like to dust this through the T-Zone, and as you can see from the massive crater in it - I love it.

Zazie x