6 Oct 2014

• The Lip Product Addict Tag •


I never really do "Tags" on here, but I thought I'll do this one as I was tagged by the lovely Ella. Check out her version of this tag here! I think this tag was started by essiebutton and Amelia Liana, so I'm delighted to share my answers too.


1.  Favourite balm/treatment?
Like Ella, I cannot fault Nuxe's Reve de Miel. It's a really nourishing and moisturising lip balm that leaves your lips with a matte finish. The scent is amazing and is definitely the best lip balm I've tried.

2.  Best eye-catching red?
I'm not one to wear red lipstick often, maybe once a year at Christmas, but I do have one on hand just in case. Model's Own Twist Up Lipstick in Ravishing Red is your perfect matte red shade. The chubby stick applicator makes it really easy to apply as well.

3.  Best luxury & best drugstore?
My luxury favourite is hands down the Dior Addict Lipstick in Wonderland is the perfect concoction of moisture, sheer-ness and love. It's a gorgeous pink shade that goes with any eye look. For drugstore, it'll probably be the Topshop Lipstick in Whimsical. Although it can enhance cracked lips, the shade is the perfect peachy coral and I always forget how much I really like it.

4.  Best MAC Lipstick?
I haven't yet found a MAC lipstick that I can wear daily, but I'm a big fan of Rebel. It's the perfect Autumn shade that's a very dark pink/purple shade. It's not too vampy, and can also be sheered out to make it more wearable.

5.  The most disappointing?
The most disappointing is probably the NYX Matte Lip Cream. From the taste to the feel and the look - it wasn't a good one. The shade I own, Istanbul, just looks really odd on me, and I just expected better.

6.  Liner - yes or no?
Sometimes. Definitely not on nude lips, but I've really noticed how much easier dark or red lipstick application is when you apply a liner before hand. Although I don't like the whole overdrawing.

7.  Best gloss?
NYX may not get it right when it comes to matte lips, but they sure do glosses good. The Butter Gloss in Blonde Maple has the most perfect formula that isn't too glossy and has quite good pigmentation too.

8.  Something extra!
For this I decided to mention another lip balm. If you're not a big fan of a matte lip balm but want one that's just as nourishing, I'd highly recommend Soap & Glory's A Great Kisser in Juicy Peach. It smells and tastes amazing, moisturises those puckers, and gives a gorgeous gloss.

Hope you enjoyed reading my answers, a lot of people have already completed this tag so I won't tag anyone, but if you do, feel free to leave a link in the comments.

Zazie x