22 Sep 2014

• The Autumnal Lip •



Now that it's coming up to autumn, I'm beginning to change little steps in my makeup routine, and one of these is lips. I'm not one for dark purples or browns, but I do think I can get away with it in the coming season.


I've had Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balm in the shade Sultry in my collection for a while now, and I've been patiently waiting for autumn to wear it. It's not your typical dark red, it's more of a mauve shade with brown tones in it that just looks gorgeous. It's a shade that does look nicer on the lips than in the tube, but it's a very unique one. The formula of these are amazing - creamy, matte and long lasting.

Recently I've just been dabbing it on lightly and then adding a slight gloss to the centre of the lips for a really simple everyday autumnal lip. I'd definitely recommend this as you can really choose whether to go for a full on statement lip or a sheer one, and I'm sure it would look good on a lot of different skin tones. For a swatch on the lips, click here (it's a lot more brown in real life).

Does this colour appeal to you?

Zazie x