22 Aug 2014

• The Not-So Neutral Palette •


When it comes to eyeshadows, it's not often I step away from the neutrals. Colours are just not me - it's already a big step to wear a bright lip these days - and I'm comfortable in my colour free zone. But, it's always nice to try something a little more daring, and although this is classified as a neutral palette, there's something about it that seems a little more out there than the Nakeds from Urban Decay for example.


theBalm's NudeTude palette has been in my collection for quite a while now, but I haven't used it all too much. First of all let's talk about the packaging - hilarious and something you don't see that often. I also love the shade names, just adds to the gorgeous packaging. There are a variety of shades, mostly shimmery, ranging from a gold, pinks, browns and taupes. The pigmentation is incredible and the consistency is SO buttery. The only negative about this, is that I don't find all the colours to go together that well. With the Naked's for example, they're all in the same shade range, and so many can be blended together. They're all very different, and apart from the brown toned ones, you can only blend around two of the shades together. I still think it's an amazing palette, especially if you want to go a little bit more colourful than neutrals, but still have a natural look.

I'm SO SO sorry I haven't been posting that much this week, but I've been busy (I promise!), but I will try and post a little bit more next week.

Zazie x