27 Jun 2014

• Manicure 101 •


When it comes to manicures i'm not really the best. I'm not an overly patient person, and so i don't want to lather on so much on my nails and wait for half an hour for them to dry. No, not for me. But, there are three steps in my routine to ensure the polish lasts as long as it can - i just skip all the unnecessary things.


1. Base Coat - This is something I was never too fussed about, but after using it realised how important it actually is. It not only helps to keep your nail polish on for longer, but also acts as a primer to smooth out the nail and have a clean base. The Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener* also helps to strengthen your nails for the long term.

2. The Shade - Pretty self explanatory, your desired colour choice. I'd recommend at least two coats and maybe even three, depending on the formula, as this helps for a clean cut manicure. My summer favourite? Essie's Find Me An Oasis.

3. Top Coat - Again quite an important step that I don't like to leave out. This helps the nail colour to last even longer and gives it a gorgeous salon finish. I'm currently using Sally Hansen's Double Duty, which can also be used as a base coat. It doesn't take too long to dry and isn't gloopy.

These are the basics of a manicure. Of course there's cuticle oil and all of that, but for a good simple at home manicure, I think these steps will do.

Zazie x
_________________________________________________________________________________