9 Jun 2014

• Going Matte •

I'm a matte girl. I've said it.


I've always been a fan of a matte finish on the base, mainly just because living in Singapore dewy skin will just be assumed as sweaty, and no one wants that. The only solution I could think of was wearing foundation every day.. ain't nobody got time fo' dat. But, a matte moisturiser?! The angels were singing. La Roche Posay's Effaclar Mat is pretty much just that. It gets rid of any shine on my face and reduces the appearance of pores. I was a bit hesitant at first, as i was scared it would make my skin feel a bit tight, but it honestly feels like any other moisturiser i have - moisturising!

Although I probably tend to go for non-matte lips, when it comes to wearing no makeup, i want a matte lip, without a bright pop of red. I've spoken about NUXE Reve de Miel before, but it's pretty much the only lip balm i'll ever have eyes for. It's matte, moisturising and smells freaking incredible. A negative? There is none.

Are you a fan of a matte finish?

Zazie x