2 May 2014

• What's On My Face #1 •



I talk a lot about products (hence this being a beauty blog), but you never really see them doing their work. I've decided to make a little series on my blog, "What's on my Face", "FOTD" or whatever you want to call it. This is quite a spring look in my opinion, as it is dewy, with an 'orange' lip and quite a simple eye. I think i've talked about almost all of these products, so i want dwell on them too much, but here's what i've got.

As a base i used Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation. Light, glowing and indeed makes you look more awake. I decided to skip the powder, as i didn't want to effect that gorgeous glowy goodness. I added a peachy pink blush in the form of Topshop's Head Over Heels cream blush. My all time favourite blush, let's leave it at that. To add a touch of colour to my face i swept some of my Sleek Contour Kit on my temples and cheeks using my Real Techniques Blush Brush - bit of a tounge twister. It's quite a buildable product which i like, as it gives that subtleness i adore, but can also make you look like an oompa looma.. yay!

For the eyes i used my loved NARS Cream Eyeshadow in Mykonos. You can read a full post on it here, but all in all it's an amazing versatile product that is so easy to use and looks gorgeous. Instead of doing my usual 'blending into the crease' routine, i decided to sweep it across the lids. I love that although it is quite a dark-ish shade, it still is so suitable for everyday. For mascara, i used my NYX Le Frou Frou, which gives a nice subtle lash look. And as for brows, i stole borrowed my sister's Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade light/medium. I think i might have to pick this up, as it just works so perfectly on giving you neat brows. In the above photo i used my usual brow powder, but Gimme Brow sounds so good.

And finally, for them puckers i took my Topshop Lipstick in Whimsical, i've mentioned it countless times on here, so all i'll say is that the shade is gorgeous and definitely my go-to spring shade. 

Zazie x