7 Apr 2014

• Blemish Fighting Duo •

I'm a teenager, so i do suffer with spots, breakouts and blemishes like anyone else. I also get redness on my cheeks and around the area of a spot, so I decided to try some new spot treatments and additions to my skincare routine.


I love anything with tea tree, so when i heard Sammi talk about The Body Shop's Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash i couldn't resist going into my local store to check it out. It's supposed to get 'skin spotlessly clean without over-drying', which is super important for me as the area around my spots tends to be dry enough anyway. I like massaging this into my skin after cleansing and this. feels. amazing. It is really cooling and soothing on the skin and feels slightly tingly too. I like to leave it on for about 5 minutes just to let it settle in a bit, before wiping it off with a damp muslin cloth. It's such a lovely sensation, and i'd recommend this even if you don't have blemished skin, as it really does just feel so nice.

Something that i've been eyeing for a very long time is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. This is a very hyped up product in the beauty and skincare world and i had very high expectations. And i wasn't disappointed. This isn't exactly a spot treatment, more of an anti-imperfector, so this works great on red areas of the skin. This also calms down any breakouts or spots and is just a really incredible product. There's only one minor negative thing about it, and that is that for me it doesn't really do anything to under-the-skin spots. You know, when they're not quite there but they are? These are also ones that hurt the most in my opinion, and this just didn't work for that. Despite that, i think it truly does live up to the hype and is definitely a great product to use.

What products do you recommend for blemish-prone skin?

Zazie x