20 Feb 2014

• Topshop Makeup •




Some of you may know that i'm quite a big fan of Topshop makeup. Although you might not think that a clothing brand is the best at making makeup, i've tried out a couple of things and haven't been disappointed by them. In fact quite the opposite. Some of my favourite makeup items are from Topshop, so i thought i'd show you the little collection that i've built up so far.


Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon // £10.00
I've done a full review on this a couple of months ago, but i'll just tell you a little bit about it now incase you haven't read that. Crescent Moon is such a gorgeous peachy toned highlighter, very different to the bright yellow one called Sunbeam. This makes Crescent Moon perfect for paler skin tones, and looks ever so subtle on the high-points of your face. This is quite similar to the Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm, although Mary-Lou is slightly more pigmented. Because of this, it makes it so much easier to work with and isn't too overpowering or noticeable.

Topshop Lipstick in Whimsical // £8.00
I mentioned this in my recent Orange Lip post (linked here) but it never hurts to talk about something twice. On the Topshop website they describe Whimsical to be a pinky nude, but it's got much more orange and coral tones in it. Whimsical has a velvety matte finish and although it can cling to dry bits of your lips, it isn't drying at all. The only tip i would give is to keep your lips moisturised, or remember to scrub them beforehand, as the actual formula of the lipstick is quite nourishing.

Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels // £7.00
This is a recent purchase of mine, but i've had it on my wishlist for quite some time. I've never really been much of a cream blush fan, until i bought this blush. Head Over Heels is a really gorgeous coral toned pink (don't be fooled by the picture above, its much more orange!) that I like to pair with Whimsical for a spring look. I like using a Stippling Brush to stipple the blush on the apples of my cheeks. This blends so effortlessly and has a powder-like finish, which stays on all day.

Topshop Magic Liner in Engraved // £6.50
Again, i mentioned this in a previous post where i talked about my top 3 liquid liners (link here). Definitely my favourite of the bunch. So easy to use, very black and great non-flimsy tip. There's honestly nothing i can fault about this, although i have heard that this dries out very quickly. I've had this for around 3 months, and it's still going strong so no comment on that yet!


I also have an eyeshadow brush that i bought from Topshop, and its honestly one of my favourite. It's really easy to use to pack on shadows, or to effortlessly blend eyeshadows together to create a smokey eye. Definitely worth picking up if you see it.


And that was it for my post on Topshop makeup. As you can probably tell, i'm pretty impressed and in love with it, and it's a great price too! Very highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.